Note and Disclaimer
This book will be updated periodically.
Your feedback, comments, and suggestions are welcome. Book URL: https://pressbooks.cuny.edu/oalapo
PILOT OER / COIL / ZTC Copy: FALL 2022 IN CLASS USE ONLY
This Pilot OER / COIL / ZTC version [initial copy: https://academicworks.cuny.edu/yc_oers/28/ ]contains the following unedited sections from Open Stax Sociology [3e] which can be accessed free at: https://openstax.org/books/introduction-sociology-3e/
For the Summer 2022 project “Adapt or Adopt an OER” support from CTLET – Center for Teaching, Learning, and Education Technologies at York College, CUNY, the instructor:
- Reviewed open resources for chapters aligning with the syllabus and approved rubric content.
- Reviewed and extracted the needed chapters as well as a back matter for each chapter such as review questions and added them to the Press book cloned open resource.
- Chapters: 3 [culture], 4 [society and social interaction], 5 [socialization], 6 [groups and organization], 8 , 9 [ social stratification across the US], 11 [race and ethnicity], and 12 [gender, sex and sexuality], 13 [ageing and the elderly], 15 [religion].
- Published using Pressbooks under a CC BY-NC (Attribution-Non Commercial) license.
- This book was “cloned” from the version of Exploring Socio-Cultural Perspectives on Diversity by Deanna Cozart: https://open.online.uga.edu/sociocultural-perspectives-on-diversity/
PROF. REMI ALAPO
Department of History, Philosophy, and Anthropology
Interdisciplinary Studies, Cultural Diversity and Black Studies Programs
York College, City University of New York
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd Jamaica, NY 11451
Faculty Page – https://www.york.cuny.edu/portal_college/oalapo1/
THANK YOU TO ALL THE FAMILY, FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES
CLDV 100 STUDENTS
THAT MADE THIS PROJECT POSSIBLE.